Wednesday, October 27, 2010

moving along

All I want to do today is work on this little cabled baby sweater for which I finally found the perfect yarn. Rowan Cashsoft baby DK in "chicory" - palest creamiest sage. It is uber soft and with it the pattern flows easily toward completion. The yarn is a blend of merino, microfibre, cashmere (yum!) (Cabled Raglan Baby Sweater, IW Knits Summer 2009). I had my own idea of how this baby sweater should feel and look and hadn't been able to find the ingredients. My inability to finish even one baby project until now I realize had more to do with the patterns and yarns themselves than procrastination. I simply didn't want to knit a bunch of small pieces and sew them together. That isn't fun and trying to do it in between the other stuff I have deadlines for was wicked and cruel (it's getting close to the 31st and I'm acquiring the season's jargon).

Speaking of the season, lately there's a lot of talk around here about spirits, ghosts, and full moons. It could be attributed to plain old lunacy (apparently this last full moon was disturbing and crazy-making), and days  when spirits get the annual opportunity to walk the earth. I have been warned not to pick up hitchhikers since that's the way they get around. And did you know that  the reason for fences around graves in New Mexico camposantos (cemeteries) is to keep zombies in? I thought it was to keep coyotes and other creatures out. Apparently though, it doesn't work so well if  they're going out and hitching rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment