Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Catching Up With Myself


I really thought April would rescue us from the drear, the cold, the endless rain, the record freezes, but until yesterday it didn’t. Today was a B-day all through our walk on the park paths just outside our door: blue sky, buds, blossoms, breezes, blue jays, butterflies, bikes…wow! 

Another B: Barry Silverstein’s new book The Evolution of Freud, is now featured in the Freud House and Museum in London, as well as on Amazon’s Hot New Releases on psychoanalysis. As I mentioned on facebook today, my newest book, There Was Always Enough Time (poems), is residing quietly on Amazon and in a coffee shop in Fair Lawn, New Jersey! (Stay tuned, though, for some virtual readings coming in May or June). All in all, given the kind of world we are all living in these days, we are grateful for our life, books, sunshine, blue skies, a dry basement after 24 hours of heavy rain, a few hours with my family in CT, health, and that we fall, deeply or shallowly, into the category Joan Didion famously stated of herself: “…hour spent arranging words on pieces of paper…”. 

I will try to post here once a week. Please let me know through comments or on facebook that you are out there. There may be a way of tracing that, but I haven’t discovered it since my return to this venue. I’ll keep on keeping on…

Enjoy spring….

No comments:

Post a Comment