Friday, July 19, 2013

Daily accumulating

I'm still working on learning how to write blogs on my iPad. Its not like I have nothing else to do. I'm caring for Ron who is still in discomfort and preparing for surgery on Monday, trying to keep the house clean, and avoiding the manuscript I have to finish by end of next week. So I knitted. Finished a project that has been languishing and causing irrational guilt for about two years! Experimenting with the camera too. I haven't quite figured out how to control the position or size of photos on the iPad. 
And I can't help thinking about the night we went to the hospital and how surreal it felt. That wee hour of the morning we drove to the ER through a steady rain, and an empty town with wet streets shiny and reflecting lights on in closed shops and gas stations. I saw no other cars and the town was vibratingly and reflectively beautiful and eerie. For 20 minutes or so I forgot why and where I was driving at 2:30 in the morning. The images in the park, the sock I finished at midnight last night, all I can manage. 

I place fewer and fewer demands upon others,
And especially myself. I am free to commune
With nature, work, play, read, or just do nothing. 
                (Wayne Dyer translation Tao Te Ching)

No comments:

Post a Comment