Monday, March 11, 2013

all strung out

Snow, snow, snow. White world with mud and sun ~ the craziness seeping in again. It will take days and days to melt. I'd like to tesseract into full spring (I reread A Wrinkle in Time recently). So I didn't budge from the house yesterday and, among other things, finished the cheerful socks.
Annoyed in the last half of the second sock when I encountered 7 knots! A lot of splicing ensued. I guess when you pick up yarn at a great discount price and think you're getting a deal, it's not really a deal Although the finished product is really pretty and will be sent out today ~ the winner is...ta da!...my daughter who swooned when I sent her a photo the moment they were completed. I knew they belonged to her after the first sock. When dear toddler Dante saw the picture he exclaimed: "grandma in New Mexico".  Sweet. But he doesn't really know me any other way. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment