Monday, February 4, 2013

designing my existence

A gorgeous day! Balloons outside of Elevation coffee shop and a clear view of the man-in-the-mountain in the distance. I walked in the park without my pal Spike, knowing I never would walk with him again, and somehow it was alright. I need the exercise badly and have good memories of his enthusiastic, bold and confident park walks. All winter so far, I've been sedentary and aware of it (wish my legs really were as long as that deceptive shadow -- it would be nice to be able to reach the second shelf of my kitchen cabinets).
Greg fixed me a poetic latte and I've decided that Elevation is my favorite Taos coffee shop. It was mid afternoon when I was there, an hour before closing time, and mellow enough to write for an hour sipping my sweetened foamy decaf latte.
Back home I'm finishing up another pair of bamboo socks. Just a little bit of toe left for later. I'm calling them purple-people-eaters because the yarn kept un-plying itself in a most annoying way causing lots of rip back and reknit. That doesn't affect the finished product (which is silky and lovely) and only I will know about the yarn chaos I had to deal with.
I needed an afternoon to myself and took it. So important in a busy life (aren't all our lives busy?) where it's easy to forget what's really important.

In all of nature,
no storm can last forever.
     Wayne Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment