Thursday, December 27, 2012

gone woo-woo again

This morning dawned in a most dramatic way and revealed a few inches of fresh snow that had fallen during the night. Now at mid-afternoon the blue sky is tattered with thick pale grey clouds. New weather is either moving in or moving out. It's a low energy day for me, almost as low as the clouds that obliterate the mountains and touch the ground. The final full moon of 2012 is coming tonight and I hear that it will be extra potent on an emotional and psychological level and contain strong energy for transformation and healing. It will "illuminate that which is hidden or buried." Batten down the hatches. We're in for it!  So what do I do on such a morning? Make popovers.
I call these Zen Pops because the recipe is so simple: 1 cup flour, 2 eggs, 1 c milk, pinch of salt (beat till smooth).  Fill buttered and floured muffin cups 1/2 full. Bake 20 minutes at 450 and 20 minutes at 350. Makes 9. Serve with anything.

next...
With Earl Grey tea and two Zen Pops in my stomach I finished Loretta's mittens! Making mittens is not my favorite thing to do, but this pair turned out fine. I'd started one last week and wrote about it a week or so ago (ripped twice and reknitted) and it turned out to be a size small. My eyes strayed and stayed on the wrong numbers and I thought I was making a medium - until I tried it on. It is a nice single mitten though, completely useless as such, and I have to decide if I want to buy more yarn and finish a pair or just forget the whole mitten thing.
It is late afternoon.
I have put Beethoven on.
It is foolish to impute pain
to the intense sky
but that is what I have done.
And I will impute loneliness
to the appearing moon.
     Leonard Cohen (first stanza, "It is Late Afternoon")

No comments:

Post a Comment