Friday, February 25, 2011

back to the future

A few months ago I wrote about a scarf project that I'd gotten halfway through and then didn't like because it was too narrow. I ripped it out and put the yarn aside. Over time I tried several different projects with it and nothing seemed to please. Yet I still loved the Squoosh Fiberarts merino cashmere sock yarn in "Tuscany". So a couple of weeks ago I reconsidered the original project and started it all over again. Last night it was finished, this morning soaked, blocked, drying. Surprise! I love it!
The pattern, Raha Scarf is from Knitted Lace in Estonia by Nancy Bush. With the Squoosh yarn and a 3.25mm circular needle used flat, it came out around 6" by 50-something. A nice size. I'm not sure if once it's dry and being worn, it won't narrow down or curl around. I'd hate that. If not, I may make another one since I enjoyed working the simple satisfying pattern. And I may have to purchase more of this scrumptuous yarn.
once in a while, let life shape itself
                                     Marlena de Blasi

No comments:

Post a Comment